We know how to engage a diverse public audience
For over 25 years, EnviroIssues has helped clients deliver successful public meetings. We’ve turned decades of expertise into participate.online – online public meetings anywhere, anytime. Whether paired with in-person meetings or designed as a stand-alone experience, your online public meeting will be tailored to fit your project.
See participate.online in action.
Take a look at active events in your area or peruse a topic of interest.
- Cedar Mill Creek Flood Remediation Collaborative
- Capitol Lake/Lower Deschutes Watershed EIS
- Colville National Forest Plan Revision (demo)
- Edmonds Street Waterfront Connector
- Ferndale School District Community Bond Task Force
- French Prairie Bridge Project
- Gateway West Transmission Line Project (demo)
- Hillsboro Airport Master Plan
- Kitsap Transit Comprehensive Route Analysis
- Kittitas County Transfer Station Relocation
- Lake Washington School District
- Magnolia Conveyance Project
- Menlo Park Transportation Master Plan (demo)
- Milwaukie Comprehensive Plan
- University Green Stormwater infrastructure
- Portland Residential Infill (demo)
- Redmond Wellhead Protection Zones
- Sherwood 2040
- Terminal 5 Improvements
- Vancouver Heights District Plan
Designed for audiences who care about the world they live in but don’t always have the time to engage in traditional ways. Participate.online provides content in an easy to use format that allows access anytime, anywhere so that time no longer has to be a barrier to participation.
Leverage many of the most successful feedback tools available, including comment forms, surveys, polls and threaded discussions. We’ll help you define your goal and recommend the feedback tools that will help you reach them.
Report & analyze
Measure public participation through Google Analytics. Know how many people attended and how many visited each and every station. Dig deeper using our public feedback tool, EnviroLytical, to better understand what people are saying and make more informed decisions.
The hallmark of open house-style public meetings are stations - topic-focused tables, booths, boards, organized around a room.
Participate.online mimics this tried and true formula in the virtual realm, bringing familiarity and comfort to new audiences.
Our "take notes as you go" feature allows users to take notes on screen as they visit each station and then automatically generate feedback.
Since feedback comes in all shapes, sizes and styles, participate.online includes a number of options including comment forms, surveys and threaded discussions that can be placed at any single station or dispersed throughout.
Participate.online is highly flexible, making it possible to leverage third-party software without adding excessive costs. Some of our favorites include:
- Google Maps and Translate
- YouTube and Vimeo
Participate.online is a service of EnviroIssues. We are a full-service public participation, facilitation and communications firm, celebrating more than 25 years of experience.
We know participate.online works because we use it every day. We’ve used participate.online in support of land use, transportation, sustainability, and other planning efforts; facility siting; and federal and state environmental review. The growing list of clients using participate.online includes federal and state agencies, counties and cities, and a whole suite of divisions and departments.
Who uses participate.online?
Single events start at around $6,000, which includes a custom theme, set-up and hosting, uploading of content, and use of a range of feedback mechanisms.
We’ll work closely with you to define the needs of your project and provide a complete estimate before work begins.
What do I get?
- Hosted software service, fully managed by EnviroIssues.
- Free third-party integrations, new features, and fixes. Automatically deployed.
- 99.9 percent uptime. Always available, from everywhere.
- Automatic backups to multiple remote locations.
- All content served securely (SSL).
- Unlimited user accounts with configurable permission levels.